Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Giddiness in office equiment

I've been a giant cranky pants of late. I would blame the heat, but it's only just now starting to feel like summer here in the swamp of that is the greater DC area.

But today is not about blame. Today is about joy. Joy in finding out that we are getting new copiers at the office. Not just copiers, though. They are Multi Function Devices. We are going to be able to scan, people. SCAN! I can hardly contain myself. Right now, if I want an electronic copy of something, I need to fax it to myself, wait for it to go through the fax servers in Chicago to my email in DC, then print it to pdf. It's hideously unprofessional. But NOW! Scanned! Directly to a pretty pdf!

I was so happy that I accidentally left work late today.

And if I may go back to my crankiness (and of course I can - it's my blog) I think I can really blame it on the lack of Mikey in my home. Ten weeks is a long time. But thankfully, today was the last Wednesday that I will wake up alone. And there are only three more sleeps until he is home, and I can hug him for days and days...and make him walk the dogs!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We are getting machines like that here in the Library this fall, and I am giddy, too! :-)