Monday, June 29, 2009

Not a complaint

I know. It's shocking. But I'm trying to be less of a whiner since whining begets whining, and then I'm just generally unpleasant to be around. And we all know how pleasant I truly am.

So, my bus changed from a Metro Bus route to a Fairfax Connector route. I'm not sure exactly why, but as long as I get to and from the Metro station, I don't care who takes me. Anyway, today was the first day of the change. There have been notices on the bus stop signs and at the bus bays for at least a couple of weeks. Unless you are completely oblivious or an infrequent rider, you had to know something was coming.

I got on my new bus this morning (pretty much on time) and when I arrived at the Metro station I was very pleased to see some Fairfax County DOT employees giving out information. But this was nothing compared to the dozens of DOT employees that were there during the evening commute. They had tables set up with pamphlets outlining all the changes, people with clipboards wandering around answering questions, big signs on the bus bays - it was like customer service gone crazy. And I love some good customer service. When it comes from a government agency, I'm just giddy.

So nice work FCDOT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tampa's buses are real bad. Glad to see someone is getting it right.

Bet you didn't know I read your blog.

Miss you, John

Julie G. said...

Stalked by my very own cousin. I can handle that!