Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Quite the watchdog

Boris protects the house. It's his job. He takes it very seriously.
He stares out the window and growls at the pizza man.



He sleeps with his ears trained on the door.


He huffs at that door whenever a neighbor is in the hall. He barks his every loving head off when some random person opens our door. (That only happened once. We lock the door more frequently now.) And when it's someone he knows, he's always there ready to greet you at the door.

But then. This morning. I left for work and realized I had forgotten my phone and my wallet. So I came back upstairs, unlocked the door and entered my house. No dogs were there. Sadie was eating and can't be bothered when there is food to be had, so I wasn't expecting her to greet me. But where was my Boris Dog? Was he okay? He's never not at the door. Never! So I looked around. I found him. In my bed. Just laying there, wagging his tail. Nice.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Hahahaha! That's awesome.

Joe G. said...

I'm sure when he saw you he thought, 'Oh, crap, I thought she was gone!' Oh, Boris dog. He's such a good boy.