My parents came for a visit this weekend with the highlight of our weekend being an afternoon at the Newseum. When you come to D.C., you should go. The view from the terrace alone is worth the price of admission (and I forgot my camera, so you'll just have to trust me).
The exhibits are a fabulous bonus. This is the second time I've been, and I still haven't seen everything. How do I keep missing the Unabomber's cabin? I was excited to see the exhibit of Walter Iooss photographs, and I was not disappointed. I particularly liked that he wrote the captions for all of the pictures so you could get a sense of what was going on when he took it. They also had a couple of his journals on display. They were spectacular. I wish I could have seen more of them.
I also got a good look at the Berlin Wall exhibit this time around. No matter what Sam Champion does on Good Morning America, you're NOT supposed to touch the wall. Mom. Don't touch the wall! Anyway, I can't believe that was 20 years ago. Mostly, I can't believe I was in high school 20 years ago. But there it is.
1 comment:
Julie G.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I thought I would extend the same courtesy to you! I read about your visit to the Newseum. I hope to got there this spring with my daughter! I too can't believe it has been 20 years since the Wall fell. I had just visited it the summer before. I too was in high school. Keep on blogging and thanks for visiting!
Post a Comment