I've crocheted several blankets for others, but none for use in my own home. Mike has been asking for one for a long time, so I started one for him. I think it was 2006. Who knows anymore. But I'm pretty sure we packed and moved the beginnings of the blanket when we moved to DC.
Somewhere in the vicinity of July 2007, I decided I wasn't working on his blanket for two reasons.
1. The Monkey chewed up part of it and I wasn't sure I had enough yarn to replace it.
2. I now hated the colors and design.
So I had Mike pick out some new colors that he liked (and I approved), and I designed one myself. Okay, it was based off of one in a book I have, but I tweaked it and made it my own. (on a spreadsheet!)
I was hoping to have it done for him for Christmas, but this was as far as I had gotten.

That was probably about 75% of the pieces done, and none of it assembled.
But finally, on April 5, 2009, I finished a blanket for my husband!


Of course, it's not been cold again since then, and he's had no reason to use it. Ah, well. It will get cold again eventually!
5 comments:
That's great! I have noooo talent for that kind of stuff, so major props to you for having the patience and talent to finish the project. :-)
I started knitting a scarf like four years ago. This inspires me to finish it. Hee.
Thanks, Sarah!
Jennie, you should either finish the scarf or destroy enough of it so that it could be a pot holder.
I like where your head's at. Potholder it is.
That blanket looks really warm. I like a good warm blanket.
Also, I would be really worried if it never got cold again. Thanks a flippin' lot, global warming...
Post a Comment